Cover Photo - photo credit: Thomas Leuthard via photopin cc,;photo credit: ★ jox via photopin cc; photo credit: spaceabstract via photopin

Thursday 14 June 2012

Angel by L.A Weatherly

'Angel'
Angel is probably my second favourite book of all time! (After Amy&Roger's Epic Detour - review to come). The story isn't as gothic as the front cover at all. It is a love story (always a good choice) and before you think it, no it is not like Harry Potter. It is a magical journey of two lives that meet and the journey of their friendship and more. It is a trilogy and I cannot wait to get in to the second and third books! 

I really loved reading about the situation Alex was in, by having all his licenses and credit cards on different surnames and the danger and difficulties he faces, a little mix of action! Normally I wouldn't choose an action book, but I think I liked the twist of it, I will definitely try some more now! 

I also really enjoyed travelling through the states with Alex and Willow with the hunt of the Church of Angels behind us. 

In this book, there is a "Church" of Angels, but it isn't anything like a normal church. It is more focusing on the worship and craziness of the people with "Angel burn", showing how bad the Angel burn actually is, by it becoming equivalent of a religion, which in some people's cases is the most important thing in their lives!

I was devastated when the end of the book came, if a book is around 700 pages, you kind of expect the story to be finished (in some cases...) but not this one! I jumped up and down and wanted to run to the shops to by 'Angel Fire'! This book made me do something I haven't done for quite a while: miss a load of homework and not mind (much!), stay up way later than appropriate and turning to the book, even if I only had a couple of seconds to read! And of course, very reluctant to stop! 

I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone,  that's how amazing it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment